Game 1 – Keys to win
- Offensive line – Block the Blitzes, protect Andy Dalton and also make easy running lanes for Joe Mixon
- Defense – Contain Russell Wilson and Make open field tackles.
- Mental Errors – Minimize Penalties and Make winning plays
- John Ross – Speedy receiver who hasn’t been able to stay on the field but has performed when healthy with last season catching 21 passes with 7 TDs he should play a major role with AJ Green out.
- Special Team – Darius Phillips and Alex Erickson both have a special Team Touchdowns one however not counting from a penalty but both have averages of 22.60 punt return yards (Erickson) and 32 yards per kick return(Phillips). However, with their good play, the Bengals choose to get another return specialist in WR Pharoh Cooper who was a 2018 Pro Bowl Return Specialist.
The Seahawks will come out sluggish on offense with a plethora of young wideouts and missing new linemen Mike Iupati but on defense they will give Cincinnati running backs fits all evening with their top 10 defense in the NFL. However the Bengals will get in the endzone more then Seattle with there better than average passing attack.
Cincinnati 14, Seattle 10
Watch: Sun 9/8 4:05 Pm On CBS
Featured Image – Andy Dalton diving into the end zone against the Seahawks. Photo Credit Seattle Times.